Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This is our beautiful small town Catholic church, right in the heart of Mayberry.  It is where we can be found every Sunday morning, unless we are feeling radical and go on Saturday evening.  2012 will mark the 100th anniversary of this sacred house of God.  It is directly across the street from our house.  If the doors are open we can almost see the tabernacle.

It is such a blessing to live this close to our church.  I'm absolutely certain that the Lord orchestrated our move into this particular house for that particular reason.  He knew that if I were to remain in a state of grace, I'd need all the help I could get!

We've only lived here for five years but I can't count the number of times I've gone to that beautiful building to worship, plead, celebrate, mourn and thank.  Sometimes I've gone over too late in the day and the doors have been locked so I just sat down on the steps and prayed.  I figured that if our church was bigger and I was in the back pew the graces from the Real Presence in the tabernacle would still reach me, so the steps were the equivalent to the back pew of a cathedral.

(Local friends, I took this picture off of our church's website.  If it's yours and you want me to take it down, I'd be happy to get off my tuckus and walk across the street to take a photo, myself.  Just let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment